Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July Mix

Here's the playlist:
1) Tristan Prettyman & Jason Mraz - Shy That Way
2) Silverman - Onno
3) Heather Nova - It's Only Love
4) Caroline Herring & Claire Holley - Wildwood Flower
5) Bono & The Corrs - When the Stars Go Blue
6) Over the Rhine - Latter Days
7) Daughter Darling - Sad & Lonely
8) Katie Melua - Just Like Heaven

About the music:
Song 1: Tristan Prettyman is an artist who's music I came across fairly recently, so I really don't have too much to say about it yet. This song is with her and Jason Mraz, and it's pretty upbeat compared to the rest of the mix. I like it :)
Song 2: I did a post on Silverman a while back, so if you wanna read about them, scroll down. This song is my all time favorite by them (I think I changed it from what I said was my favorite before.)
Song 3: The next song is pretty one by Heather Nova. She's done plenty of stuff that you've probably heard at some point or another. (ex. one of the songs on the Dawson's Creek Soundtrack)
Song 4: This song really grew on me when I was listening to the Walk the Line soundtrack after watching the movie.
Song 5: I know I already put up a post about this song before, but I just can't get over it!
Song 6: I honestly don't know too much about Over the Rhine yet... I've heard some good things about them and thought I'd check them out.
Song 7: This song features one of my favorite singers, Natalie Walker. It's and older one back from when she was a part of Daughter Darling.
Song 8: This is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard... Katie Melua does a nice job keeping this song (originally by The Cure) sounding great as always.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home